About the Association
The Association of Building Compliance (ABC) was established to build competency, set a high standard and provide accountability in the provision of services for Building Warrant of Fitness (BWoF).
The aims of the Association are:
- To educate, and provide information and guidelines to our Members on industry issues and legislative changes in relation to the Building Compliance industry.
- Educate our Members through education, training, workshops, courses and resources to work to meet current legislative requirements and standards
- To consult on, participate and provide training and expertise in any matters of legislation and regulation by Government and Territorial Authorities applicable to either or both the Building Compliance regime and/or Independent Qualified Person (IQP) regime.
- Promote and foster relationships with key stakeholders and other related industry groups.
- Actively promote standards to maintain recognition as a respected educational organisation.
- Foster relationships and strategies with Government Agencies, Local Councils, the New Zealand Fire Service and other agencies that will promote the Association and its purposes.
- Support and encourage Employer and Employee participation in industry training initiatives.
Our services are impartial and designed to provide educational support, technical information and specialised training for those involved in the Building Compliance Industry.
Our services are available to ABC members, affiliates and partner associations.
The Association’s membership includes:
- Independently Qualified Persons (IQPs)
- Council Building Control and Compliance Officers
- Building Compliance Managers, Administrators, Technicians, and Inspectors
- Building Owners, Property and Facilities Managers
- Service and Maintenance Contractors
Additional members include those who provide associated services or have an interest in the building compliance process.